E-Safety advice and guidance for children and young people.
- Don’t add people you don’t know to Facebook / Twitter / Instagram etc unless you know them
- Check your privacy settings on social networking sites – think - who can see your info?
- Never give out ANY personal details online
- If you are being ‘cyber bullied’ keep all the evidence and tell a trusted adult or use the report it button
- Block anybody who sends you stuff you don’t like
- Don’t reply to abusive messages / emails
- Regularly check your friends lists to make sure you know everyone in it - delete anyone you don’t know
- If anything makes you feel scared or uncomfortable while you are online tell a trusted adult or use the report it button
- Think before you send a message – they can sometimes be taken the wrong way
- NEVER meet someone that you have only met online
- Always think twice before putting your picture online, people can copy it, edit it and use it for other things